Monday 25 May 2015

The journey starts

Its Friday 19 December a normal day , well Tahlia had just done three weeks in hospital. She was rough, spent the whole time being sick and weak and not able to get out of bed , however she always made the most if it and perked up when visitors came. Anyway she had been discharged the day before and was looking forward to her own bed and of course Christmas. Between us we had no cards wrote and no presents wrapped, we decided it would be a busy weekend. So to Friday, I went In to say good morning as usual before going to work and she said she would stay in bed until lunch time and get ready for card shopping with Reece when he finished work.( you all know who I mean). Well off to work I went. Took coat off,  phone went , the conversation on the other end Tahlias had a call, what, Tahlias had a call, what call! Transplant ! Oh s... I think I said it's Christmas. How I drove I don't know, bare in mind I should have been calmer as of a call previous, oh no just as shaky. I got Ethan from school and took him home to say goodbye to his sister. Marc and tahls in action mode and ready to go with help from my best mate who phoned me. Ethan and Tahlia had a big hug and kiss. Ethan said can I go back to school now it's play day, so we went off to harefield and he back to school. Well it takes 1hr and 40 mins approx to get there , no Marc took 1 hr 5mins and also stopped for petrol. Me and Tahlia chatted and sang all the way.we arrived at harefield to be met and the run up started. At this point the lungs still had not been seen by team and still at the other hospital. Now came bloods LOTS! Tests, paperwork along with laughs and smiles. Tahlia being her, making herself known. Tea time came and still no news (another false alarm went through our heads) in came a nurse with a pot of tablets don't touch them she said only if you go to theatre. The surgeon came and said he had still not got lungs but he will check them personally as he will not put any shit (his words) into such a pretty young lady and wants them to last a
Long time ( well!). At 6.45 finally we had the go ahead. Tahlia became quiet and spent most time on her phone. I French plaited her hair as always for theate, she always said she looked like a bald chicken.  At 7.30 she took those tablets and said that's it now no going back. On the trolley to theatre we went still smiling and keeping her calm. As with Tahlia nothing is straight forward they had lost her consent form so we spent the next half hour waiting for them to be found and in the end signed new ones. I was told I needed to go she have me a big hug and lots of tears love you momx I walked away so mixed up tears rolling down leaving her as usual with her dad. She always wanted him for theatre. There will never be a father and daughter bond like they had at this time. How many times she had been to theatre she still hated it. She hated being put to sleep and wanted her dad with her at that
Moment so he was the last person she saw. She told her dad I not sure I'm ready for this yet. However he knew she did not want to walk away. With reassurance we will be there the other side waiting for her all the way, she went to sleep telling him make sure we ate and I love you through tears down her face. Marc walked away not knowing. Now for the long wait and finding her little brown book explaining in her words who to contact and what she wanted to happen after if she got through or she didn't . Who knew then that it would be needed for both of those journeys. What a girl to think of it all at such a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment